DOCUMENTS IN EFFECT FOR OCP:
- 2009 CODE OF POINTS (and updates)
- GCG Supplement (v2), NOV. 2010
- OCP TECHNICAL RULES AND REGULATIONS, AUG. 2011
- OCP LIST OF ELEMENTS, AUG. 2010
- GCG LIST OF ELEMENTS, NOV.1, 2011
• The use of a minimum 10 cm. supplementary mat is mandatory for landings on vault, uneven bars and balance beam (Jan. 1, 2011). The deduction of 0.50 to the final score will be applied if not used.
• Coaches are not permitted to use chalk on the vault runway or the springboard. Velcro strips and tape are permitted, but must be removed after the athlete has competed. Host clubs are NOT responsible for supplying Velcro strips or tape.
CLARIFICATION: To receive value credit, a sole circle must circle the bar 360° degrees as per FIG (#5.105). A sole circle that circles 270° has no value.
If an athlete is able to continue the routine after the sole circle with another element or a bar change, the value will be awarded. In the case of a fall immediately following the sole circle, the 270° will be decisive for awarding difficulty to the sole circle.
CLARIFICATION: Handstand roll and back extension in acro series. While OCP states “handstands may not be used as part of an acro series or consecutive acro elements for all levels” (p.53, Tech. Regs.) the intent is NOT to eliminate elements which pass through the handstand position. Thus handstand roll and back extension are elements which may be used to fulfill the requirement for acro series in the applicable levels.
CLARIFICATION: Acro Series Composition Requirement
Levels 6?9: If a gymnast is stationary for a prolonged period (3+ seconds) during the performance of the first element in an acro series (i.e., stops and holds a bridge while performing a tic toc or stops and remains in handstand during a back walkover), the Composition Requirement of an acro series will not be credited.
CLARIFICATION: dismount (level 6?9)
The dismount is the last salto or connection of final salto elements (Tech.Regs. p.64). Therefore, if an athlete who requires a B dismount (L8 or L9) performs an aerial or standing salto (A?value element) at the end of her routine (ie. after her final acro series), she will NOT have met the requirement for a B dismount (Feb. 2011).
CLARIFICATION: step?out landings
As per the Technical Regulations,I (i.ii), p.70, Acro Elements with Step?out Landings: lunge landings for all step out skills are acceptable regardless of the size of lunge without deduction. Deductions for balance and additional steps or movement will apply.