Gymnastics Ontario is the provincial sport governing body with approximately 115,000 members participating in recreational gymnastics and competitive programs in Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Trampoline, Tumbling, Aerobics and Acrobatic Gymnastics.
We are currently seeking a resourceful, creative, energetic and organized Social Media & Marketing Manager to join our staff. Working closely with Gymnastics Ontario’s Marketing Advisory Committee and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program for Gymnastics Ontario.
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
- Coordinate the development of a marketing and communications strategy to promote the sport within Ontario
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns in the era of social media (with success indicators) then negotiate advertising and media-related sponsorship agreements
- Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities
- Work with others at Gymnastics Ontario to implement campaigns
- Plan, organize, lead and control public relations efforts
- Assist in the management of the Gymnastics Ontario website
- Communicate and support the Board of Director’s Strategic Plan and implement those initiatives under the direction of the CEO
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and expertise;
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to marketing or communication
- Post-secondary education in Sports Management and or Sport Marketing
- Related work experience in marketing and communications, including the use of social media
- Experience developing and implementing successful marketing, social media and communication plans
- Specific knowledge of and practical experience both using and administering key social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Familiarity with measuring performance/results
- Experience working within sport and or gymnastics is an asset
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write, and edit press releases; bilingualism is an asset
- Must be able to work well autonomously and also capable of integrating into a team environment
This is a two-year contract position based out of our Toronto office. The number of hours scheduled will be approximately twenty-one hours per week. The salary shall commensurate with qualifications and previous work experience. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, including salary expectations and a resume in confidence by Friday October 27, 2017 to the Dave Sandford, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address above.
Gymnastics Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants in advance.
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged via email (if email address is provided)
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Previous applicants need not apply.