Gymnastics Mississauga is a not-for-profit organization that has been in operation since 1969. Our club offers programs for boys and girls from introductory levels, all the way up to and including national competitors. Gymnastics Mississauga believes in providing world class gymnastics programs in a safe, positive environment where every athlete achieves their personal best.
The Recreational Program Manager, is responsible for the leadership and success of Gymnastic Mississauga’s recreational program. This top leadership role reports directly to the Executive Director and plays an integral role in the delivery of a best in class gymnastics recreation program. This individual is someone who has dynamic leadership qualities, is a team player, committed to service excellent, and highly motivated. In being part of the Gymnastic Mississauga’s team it is important that you value and will provide a safe, positive environment where every participant can achieve their personal best. We at Gymnastics Mississauga believe that gymnastics should be accessible to all and that the values of personal development are paramount.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and coaching in educating staff to teach students to develop across all learning domains including physical, mental, emotional and social character and life skills.
- Develops coaching staff by providing training opportunities internally at the Club and information for training externally.
- Provides coaching and leadership to coaching staff through ongoing evaluations, goal setting, and recognition and level targets.
- Leads and supports coaching staff by fostering an environment of collaboration and an open exchange of communication with the intent of improving recreational programs.
- Promotes a collaborative and team oriented environment by demonstrating care, respect, and fairness. Provides recognition and timely and consistent feedback so that coaches can be their best.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process and employee life cycle to ensure there is a pipeline of recreational talent for Gymnastics Mississauga (Supervisors, Coaches, Coaches in Training, Volunteers)
- Responsible for Maintaining and updating all recreational staff files and wages as well as overseeing payroll and extra hours etc.
- Provides input on annual budget development as requested.
- Addresses all concerns on the floor related to the recreational program and communicates with other gym disciplines to effectively resolve concerns.
- Demonstrates a business courtesy and customer service mentality when dealing with athletes, parents and the public, always demonstrating the values and behaviors representing Gymnastics Mississauga.
- Seeks feedback and listens openly to customers/parents and integrates the feedback in order to meet customer needs. Keeps customers/parents informed of plans, expectations and student development.
- Manages all customer inquiries as they relate to the operational aspects of the recreational programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise flexibility and understanding when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Continuously strives to improve recreational participation through open houses, events and advertising.
- Participates in external demonstrations to help promote program growth.
Process and Administration:
- Creates and manages recreational calendar of events. Ensures proper staffing and scheduling of coaches to ensure quality and consistency in recreational programs.
- Responsible to plan, prepare and organize all summer camps and camp activities – ex. transportation. Ensures all schedules and class lists for all recreational programs are completed.
- Responsible for scheduling rental groups and birthday parties that helps to drive Gymnastics Mississauga’s brand awareness.
- Develops a curriculum with progressively appropriate lesson plans for use by coaches.
- Creates and maintains a stable and functional rotation plan for all recreational classes in conjunction with other programs.
- Fosters clear and collaborative communication with the registrations manager to ensure classes are organized in the most effective manner – the closing and opening of classes as well as ensuring participant maximums are obtained.
- Manages all details as they relate to the operational needs within the building, working with SMG, and the City of Mississauga to ensure the safety, maintenance and well-functioning of the gym.
- Ensures health and safety process are adhered to and that all program equipment is maintained and in safe/good working condition.
Professional/Personal Development & Community Involvement
- Responsible for ensuring that all required Professional Certificates are maintained.
- Strives to continually improve the knowledge of Gymnastic Mississauga’s programs, services, processes, and business relationships.
- Serves as a role model and gym ambassador in and out of the office and develops/maintains excellent rapport with customers and other community partners.
- Recognized as a leader in the local community and participates regularly in local activities, as required.
- Degree or diploma in Recreation, Physical Education or a closely related field required.
- At least 2 years of progressive supervisory or management experience in Recreation or related fields.
- Gymnastics knowledge (level 1 or2 NCCP certified is an asset)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and positive team-focused attitude.
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft Word Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous camp leadership experience or related leadership experience in children’s or youth programs.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR.
**As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check.
What will it be like to work at Gymnastics Mississauga?
Gymnastics Mississauga is committed to its Mission of “providing world class gymnastics programs in a safe, positive environment where every athlete achieves their personal best.” We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional people who are passionate about what we do. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment where they can “do their best work”, experience quality leadership at all levels, and explore opportunities for personal growth and development. If this is something that excites you then start your new path with us.
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Gymnastics Mississauga is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or simply drop your resume off at the front office. Deadline February 23 2018.