The Recreational Program Director, under the direction of Operations Manager, will oversee the running of a highly busy and successful recreational program. They will work closely with the Operations Manager, Administrative Manager, Recreational Program Assistant, and senior staff of other disciplines to ensure effective overall running of the Club.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role includes, but is not limited to:
Recreational Staff Management
- Interview, recruit, and train new recreational CITs and coaches.
- Ensure staff are attending their required training and courses.
- Authorize recreational hours for payroll.
- Host in-house CIT Courses.
- Conduct annual recreational staff performance evaluations.
- Host in-house staff meetings and coaching clinics with Recreational Program Assistant.
Recreational Program Management
- Prepare annual calendar of recreational events including session dates, camps, holidays, CIT courses, in-house staff meetings and clinics, and other events.
- Plan recreational class schedule for each session.
- Add and remove programs and classes based on staffing and customer demand.
- Oversee preparation for camps, school visits, and other special events.
- Ensure classes are adequately staffed and supervise or coach, if necessary.
- Prepare and update the Supervisor and Attendance Binders for each session and camp.
- Prepare and distribute coaching/supervising schedule for all recreational classes, camps, and other activities.
- Ensure rotation schedules are kept up to date and distributed for recreational classes and gym loading.
- Complete Accident and Incident reports.
- Review and record all progress reports for all recreational programs each session.
- Record athlete levels in the online system at the completion of each session.
- Oversee all aspects of PA Day Camps, March Break Camp, and Summer Camps.
- Liaise with Recreational Program Assistant to determine weekly themes and camp ideas.
- Book outside activities for March Break and Summer Camps.
- Prepare binders including before and after care lists, medical lists, class lists, rotation/activity schedule, and Coach In Charge schedule.
Special Events and Activities
- Communicate with outside groups to schedule visits, from the initial contact through to the booking and invoicing stage.
- Schedule coaches for special events and activities.
- Design and purchase staff uniforms.
- Order end of session items for recreational athletes e.g. t-shirts, bags, wristbands etc.
- Maintain supply of recreational stickers, ribbons, and badges for progress reports.
- Purchase camp supplies.
- Respond to parent and child feedback provided either in person, over the phone, via email, or through feedback forms.
- Test or set-up testing for children who need to be placed into appropriate groups.
- Assist Administrative Manager during busy times including phone and walk-in enquiries, and registration.
Advertising and Signage
- Coordinate hallway signage including gym closures, make-up classes, registration dates, special events etc.
- Notify Operations Manager of website updates.
- Coordinate all Social Media posts with the Communications Committee and senior staff members of each discipline.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have:
- Competition Introduction or Level 2 WAG
- Level 2 Trampoline (or be willing to obtain)
- First Aid/CPR (or be willing to obtain)
- Respect In Sport
Based on your certification and experience, you will receive competitive wages and a compensation package that includes group benefits, RRSP matching, and 3 weeks of vacation.
Oakville Gymnastics is one of Canada’s most respected gymnastics clubs. Our Club offers Recreational and Competitive Programs in our state of the art, 25,000 square foot facility. The program is built on the philosophy of putting children ahead of performance.
Oakville Gymnastics Club is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
All interested applicants please email your resume to:
Karinda Isaacs, Operations Manager