Gymnastics Energy is a not-for-profit organization, the largest gymnastics club in Niagara region and a member of Gymnastics Ontario. Our key goals are to promote and encourage participation in gymnastics from the recreation levels through to the very highest level of proficiency.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic Recreation Program Director to motivate and lead our team of coaches in this busy, community-based gymnastics organization. Our goal as a vibrant organization is to continue our growth with ongoing development of our energetic athletes, staff, and full range programs in a fun and safe environment.
You will be responsible for all Gymnastics Energy recreation programs including: management and supervision of recreation staff, administrative duties related to running the programs, and development, implementation, evaluation and operation of the Recreation Program.
This is truly a terrific opportunity to be part of the growth and development of a progressive Club.
A track record of creating healthy workplaces with engaged, motivated staff with proven gymnastics expertise, excellent organization, leadership and communication skills. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications. A health benefit’s package will also be included as part of compensation. This position is in St. Catharines, Ontario. This is a fulltime position and the hours will include a regular schedule of some days, evenings and/or weekends.
As the first line of contact for recreation staff, parents and athletes, you will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- bachelor’s degree or similar in recreation & leisure studies, sports management or related area or equivalent in management of a recreational program
- minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in a gymnastics environment with progressive increase in responsibilities, or combination of education and experience
- experience in coaching recreational athletes
- ability to work and lead in a dedicated team environment
- minimum Competition Introduction or Level 2 NCCP Certification in Artistic Gymnastics
- a valid first aid certificate
- a current vulnerable sector criminal record check
- proficient in current technologies and web-based applications
- customer service driven approach to business
- sound knowledge of office administration and management of personnel (experienced leading and motivating teams)
- Develop, adhere and manage program budget
- Develops and ensures the effective delivery of short and long-term goals
- to establish an authority which can voice the concerns and desires of members to the appropriate bodies.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by August 12th, 2018.