Since its founding in 1967, the Burlington Gymnastics Club (BGC) has been recognized for excellence in the training of artistic and rhythmic competitive gymnasts. It has also developed one of the largest recreation programs in Canada. Programs run in two Gym Centres within Burlington. The BGC is a not-for-profit corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The BGC is currently inviting applications for the full time position of Executive Director to commence in September 2019.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and expertise:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a comparable management role
- Exceptional organizational and management / leadership skills
- Strong Media and IT literacy (Microsoft applications, payroll, Ivernet, etc.)
- Experience working with City Officials, 3rd party vendors and Board of Directors
- Experience working with / for a not-for-profit organization
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all program areas of the club follow the BGC and GO By-Laws, Policies and Procedures, and Federal/ Provincial Laws
- Together with the Club Treasurer and Board of Directors, manage the annual overall club budget, expenses and oversee club payroll
- Be flexible to work varied hours to meet the needs of both the recreation and competitive programs
- Attend Board and Staff Meetings and other meetings as required
- Work collaboratively with the BGC Human Resources Committee in hiring new staff, preparing employee contracts, participating in performance discussions with employees, managing all HR concerns (seeking guidance when required)
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization by ensuring all insurances, club website and IT, risk management, and facility needs are functional and updated
- Be the point of contact with the City of Burlington, Burlington Sport Alliance, Gymnastics Ontario, and Gymnastics Canada and communicate relevant information to the Board and Board Standing Committees
- The position requires some evening meetings / events, travel between two gym centres & excellent people skills. The successful candidate must display flexibility to manage ongoing changes and growth.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a confidential letter of interest and your resume by July 22, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.