Job Title: Performance Movement Teacher
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $30 per hour with minimum 32 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks annual vacation
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: 650 Jamieson Parkway, Unit #8, Cambridge, Ontario
- Teach performance movement technique and artistic interpretation to amateur and professional athletes.
- Responsible for leading performance movement ballet classes for gymnastics in both the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics athletes and also Rhythmic Gymnastics athletes – group or individual sessions, as assigned.
- Plan, prepare and teach performance movement classes with a strong foundation in ballet, body movement patterns, posture and form.
- Explain and demonstrate proper techniques, emphasizing the Vaganova Technique
- Create specialized Vaganova technique ballet for national and provincial athletes.
- Prepare athletes for specific auditions and performances.
- Monitor athletes’ progress and provide additional support, as necessary.
- Provide performance movement dance classes for all athletes to encourage proper alignment and body movement patters.
- Minimum NCCP Gymnastics Foundations (Previously NCCP Level 1 Certified)
- Over five (5) years of dance experience
- Minimum Six months in Gym teaching experience
- Bachelor of Arts and Ballet
- Specialization in Vaganova technique
Employer: Dynamo Gymnastics
How to Apply: Please apply for this job only By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org