Gymnastics Energy is a not-for-profit organization, the largest gymnastics club in Niagara region and a member of Gymnastics Ontario. Our key goals are to promote and encourage participation in gymnastics from the recreation levels through to the very highest level of proficiency.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic Men’s Competitive Artistic Coach to motivate and lead our athletes in this busy, community-based gymnastics organization. Our goal as a vibrant organization is to continue our growth with ongoing development of our energetic athletes, staff, and full range programs in a fun and safe environment.
You will be responsible for a group of competitive male athletes to train and coach to their full abilities.
This is truly a terrific opportunity to be part of the growth and development of a progressive Club.
A track record of creating healthy workplaces with engaged, motivated staff with proven gymnastics expertise, excellent organization, leadership and communication skills. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications. This position is in St. Catharines, Ontario and is a permanent part-time position and the hours will include a regular schedule of some days, evenings and/or weekends. Approximately 16-20 hours per week on floor coaching with additional administrative hours.
As key communicator to parents and co-coaches, you will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in a gymnastics environment with progressive increase in responsibilities, or combination of education and experience
- experience in coaching men’s competitive athletes
- ability to work and lead in a dedicated team environment
- minimum Competition Introduction or Level 2 NCCP Certification in Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
- Competition 2 (Intro Advanced) and/or Competition 3 (Development) an asset
- a valid first aid certificate
- a current vulnerable sector criminal record check
- customer service driven approach to business
- sound knowledge of office administration and management of personnel (experienced leading and motivating teams)
- Develop, adhere and manage program budget
- Develops and ensures the effective delivery of short and long-term goals
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25th, 2019.