We are a well-established professional recreational gymnastics and athletics facility with life-long development as a top priority. We deliver the highest quality programs in our community based in gymnastics that encompass athlete fitness, movement fundamentals, and – the key ingredient – maximum fun! We are relentlessly building a team of qualified professionals to lead our vision!
GymZone offers a fun and flexible place to work! Our team culture is as important as the job that we do! We pride ourselves on being one big family and sharing a love for the sport of gymnastics and helping kids maximize their individual potential! Interested in joining our team?
We are looking for a Gymnastics Supervisor/Advanced Coach!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise recreational staff and athletes during classes, camps, and special activities, providing guidance, mentorship and support for staff and ultimately ensuring kids are safe, controlled, learning, progressing, in the proper class and are having fun
- Encourage, motivate, recognize, and evaluate recreational staff
- Communicate all important updates around upcoming events, P.A Days, theme weeks, hand-outs and showcase week with parents
- Fill in as a replacement coach when required, warm-up groups and support rec director in finding replacements
- Ensure coaches and CIT’s are following proper steps and processes with respect to our CIT (Coach In Training Program) to ensure its’ success
- Assist with recruitment and succession planning of coaches
- Assist with promotion of programs
- Assist with development, delivering and documentation of staff training and meetings
- Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating programs for all levels of participants
- Ensure participants and team are equipped with all mandatory equipment during the program
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. staff and program schedules, reports and incident/accident reports)
- Complete daily inspections of gymnastics area and mitigate risk
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Must have NCCP Full Foundations or Level 1 Certification with Risk Management and Risk in Sport
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C from an accredited organization
- NCCP level 1 Trampoline, an asset
- Must have or willing to obtain NCCP Gymnastics Level 2
- High Five PHCD Certification an asset
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional energy, customer service and communication skills
Please submit your resume and cover to email@example.com Please note, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.