The Kitchener Waterloo Gymnastics Club located in the community of Victoria Hills in Kitchener, Ontario, is a not for profit organization that was established in 1965 and has been servicing the community for over 50 years.
Our mission is to inspire enthusiasm for and lifelong involvement in gymnastics by providing positive and diverse programming.
We are looking for an applicant who is willing to work with all levels of athletes in a supportive and positive WAG Team setting.
- Coaching responsibility for athletes in the JO and National systems
- Plan, develop and implement training sessions, schedules and competitions for the WAG program
- Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed
- Manage and provide leadership and mentorship for a strong WAG staff team
- Administration of the program including payroll, competition registration, travel, communication with parents etc.
- Attending club staff meetings & training sessions as requested
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years experience coaching Provincial and/or National level athletes
- Familiar with the practices, procedures and technical knowledge for Women’s Artistic Gymnastics in Ontario and Canada
- Excellent Communication, Leadership and Team Skills
- Approachable and Solution Oriented
- Energetic, active and engaging while coaching, to create a positive training environment
- Minimum Competition 2 Certified in WAG Gymnastics, Trampoline Level 2 certified
- First Aid certification, Respect in Sport Certificate and a Vulnerable Sector Check will be required
Reports To: Executive Director
Position: Full Time, Permanent Position (37.5 hours per week)
Start Date: Flexible
Wage: Commensurate with Experience plus Group Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance); Moving Expenses can be negotiated.
If you are a professional team player that has enthusiasm for building confidence in athletes’ we would love to
have you lead our WAG team.
Resume’s will be accepted in confidence and should be submitted to:
Attention: Kellie Hinnells, Executive Director