MAG Provincial/National coach and Program Coordinator
Established in 1960, the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre (OGC) is the oldest operating not-for-profit gymnastics organization in Canada. We are proud of our exemplary record of athletic success and service to the community. Over the past 59 years the OGC has produced many Provincial and National champions, most notably placing 2 athletes and 2 coaches on the WAG 2004 Canadian Olympic Team and 1 athlete on the MAG 2016 Canadian Rio Olympic Test Event team.
The OGC has experienced tremendous growth since its modest beginnings, and is now the third largest gymnastics club in Ontario. With over 3,000 annual participants, from 6 months old to adulthood, members participate in a wide variety of recreational and competitive programs. The OGC employs a highly passionate team to deliver our programs, and operates out of a dedicated 22,000 square foot Gymnastics facility.
The OGC is seeking a MAG Provincial/National coach and Program Coordinator
to add to our already strong team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with MAG provincial/national competitive gymnastics coaching and program management experience. Candidates must have the proven ability to work a team environment, be passionate about the sport, and have a proven track record for preparing athletes effectively for competition.
- Coach a wide variety of age groups/skill levels and lead athletes to provincial and national level competitions/training camps
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed
- Manage and provide leadership and mentorship for a strong MAG team
- Keep records of athletes’ goals, development plans and performances
- Periodically submits written reports/evaluations/training programs
- Become an integral part of, and develop rapport with, the OGC community including administration, coaches, parents and athletes.
- Collaborate with other Program Coordinators and Managers to build and grow all OGC programs
- Scout the recreational program for potential competitive athletes/coaches
Required Skills (and/or Willingness to obtain):
- NCCP Gymnastics Comp 2 (or equivalent Level 3) Certification
- NCCP Trampoline Level 2 Certification
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Current Standard First Aid and CRP
- Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sector)
Salary, Benefits, and Wages: Commensurate with Experience & Qualifications
Start Date: January 2020
All applications and enquiries will be kept strictly confidential. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. Please indicate your interest by emailing your cover letter, salary expectations and resume to our administration and competitive program manager: