- Part-time MAG competitive & pre-competitive coach for demo to level 3.
- As soon as possible
Terms of employment:
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings, Sunday afternoon/evening. Travel to weekend competitions approximately 1-2 weekends over the competitive
- Minimum NCCP MAG Level 1 certification or Community Sport in Artistic Gymnastics, Level 2/Competition 1 in progress or willingness to obtain.
- Current or willing to obtain standard first aid and CPR C.
- Police check with vulnerable sectors screening
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (French communication skills are considered an asset.)
- Regularly seek to increase their level of professional training and development;
- Treat opponents and officials with due respect both in victory and defeat and encourage athletes to act accordingly;
- Treat gymnasts with dignity and direct comments or critique the performance rather than the gymnast;
- Ensure that the activity being undertaken is suitable for the age, experience, ability and fitness level of the gymnasts and educate the gymnasts as to their responsibilities in contributing to a safe gym environment;
- Communicate with the gymnasts’ parents or legal guardians to regularly inform them of their child’s development and progression;
- Consider the gymnast’s future health and well-being as foremost when making decisions regarding an injured gymnast’s ability to continue training;
- Encourage the gymnasts to respect and maintain their equipment and training facility.
- Attend competitions for the entire competition period unless otherwise discussed with Head Coaches.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com