Submission Deadline: July 5, 2019
Purpose and Dedication:
Cameron Namek was the coach any parent of young children would like to have; the colleague everyone enjoyed working with and an athlete any coach would be delighted to train. He was an inspiration and a role model for the next generation of gymnasts. Sadly, on July 14, 2016 Cameron passed away in a tragic accident.
The initiative of this award is to show that the sport of gymnastics, through training and discipline can instill the best work ethic in young minds. This award celebrates how our sport can nurture excellence of which Cameron embodied as a coach, an athlete and a student. The goal is to encourage and inspire more young gymnasts to join the field as coaches to grow our sport.
Recipients must be members in good standing of Gymnastics Ontario and have attained the appropriate level of NCCP and Risk Management based on the level of athlete they are coaching.
To be eligible for this award, coaches must have:
- Be active in more than one role with Gymnastics Ontario (ie: coach, judge, administrator, athlete)
- Exemplified commitment, personal achievement, and positive image;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe and ethical coaching practices;
- Been a leader in the successful advancement of active healthy living opportunities for children and/or youth;
- Trained to become a better coach through education and training;
- Demonstrated their ability to improve the performance of the athletes they coach;
- Shared their expertise willingly in a variety of ways.
Nominations are to be submitted on the General Award Nomination Form. The nomination must be accompanied by the nominee’s gymnastics profile that includes; discipline(s), NCCP number and number of years coaching and various roles (ie: administrator, judge, student, athlete)
Nominations to be submitted to:
Gymnastics Ontario Awards Committee
2950 Keele Street, Suite 202
North York, ON M3M 2H2
Nominations will be short-listed by the Awards Committee, and approved by the Board of Directors.
The recipient will be presented with a unique plaque at the G.O. Annual Awards Banquet. In addition, the recipient’s name will be inscribed on the Cameron Nemak permanent trophy which will be housed at the Ajax Acros Gymnastics Club where Cameron was a member.
Recipients will receive two complimentary tickets to the Awards Banquet, and photos may be posted on the G.O. website
Recipients will be notified by Gymnastics Ontario a minimum of 30 days prior to the Awards Banquet in order to confirm attendance. Awards not presented at the Awards Banquet will be sent to the recipient by mail.
Cameron Namek Coach Excellence Award Hall of Honour
2018 Marina Rose