The Quest for Gold Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP) provides support to Ontario’s amateur high performance athletes.
Specific objectives of the Quest for Gold Program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training during their summer school break;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athletes’ access to high performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
Application Selection Process
By November 1, 2014 – All athletes interested in receiving Quest for Gold Assistance MUST complete the Gymnastics Athlete Intention to Accept Application which states an athletes’ acceptance of inclusion into the program and notes their understanding of NCAA status.
The Athlete Intention to Accept Application must be received by GO no later than November 1, 2014 in order to be considered in the selection for Quest for Gold funding. A confirmation email when received will be sent to the applicant. If this email is not received, it is the athlete’s responsibility to contact Gymnastics Ontario to confirm their desire to be considered for funding.
Any Residency Exceptions must be submitted with the Athlete Inclusion Application and by the November 1, 2014 deadline.
By November 13, 2014 Gymnastics Ontario will publish or make known a draft list of athletes nominated for Ontario Card status.