Aereo Gymnastics Club has been offering gymnastics to Welland and the surrounding Niagara region since 1975. Aereo Gymnastics Club is a not-for-profit organization that offers both Recreational and Competitive level gymnastics. Aereo’s mission is to provide our gymnasts with a fun and safe environment to pursue their gymnastics abilities. At Aereo Gymnastics Club, our staff and athletes develop long lasting friendships and connections and we pride ourselves on our clients lasting devotion to our programs.
We are looking for Women’s Artistic Competitive coaches eager to peruse long term coaching with potential to acquire the Head Coach position.
Reports To: Women’s Artistic Program Director
Position: 20-30 hrs/week; Full time negotiable for the right candidate
Start Date: Summer 2022
Wage: Based on Experience and Qualifications
- Coaching Provincial Level 3-9 gymnasts
- Open to covering Competitive level classes for Invitational Level 1&2 gymnasts as well as our ODP gymnasts
- Determining appropriate lesson plans for assigned groups
- Attendance at competitions, training camps, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Certification:
- Experience coaching at the pre-competitive, compulsory and optional levels in Women’s artistic gymnastics
- Able to effectively communicate with parents of gymnasts should questions arise
- Able to follow instruction and complete tasks independently
- Ability to work well with other Competitive and Recreational staff and share space and equipment during training hours appropriately
- Approaches coaching in a positive way understanding
- Minimum Comp 1 WAG Certificated. However, we will consider candidates seeking Comp 1 certification; with plans to attend the necessary NCCP course prior to 2023.
- First Aid certification and a Vulnerable Sector Check will also be required
Resumes should be submitted to:
Attention: Ashley Cammelli, Women’s Program Director