Join our TEAM at All Star Sports Centre, in Oakville Ontario Canada! We are a new recreational gym looking to hire awesome coaches for our classes and camps!
*Ideal job for college or university students who commute to school or adult coach looking for part-time or potential full-time work teaching gymnastics!
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and certifications:
- Competition 1 or N.C.C.P. Level 2 Full Certification (Required or willing to obtain))
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to update/obtain)
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Happy, positive, fun personality
- Experience coaching all recreational ages and abilities
- Experience coaching gymnastics, tumbling and trampoline an asset.
- High energy/enthusiastic/active/hard working
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, team player
- Experience in coaching recreational gymnastics – 3 yrs. min required
- Able to supervise Junior and Senior staff, perform open & close duties
- Assist with overseeing, mentoring and training coaches, as needed
- Available to work 2 evenings minimum plus 1 day on weekend and be available Friday evenings.
- Dependable and able to commute to Oakville
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead coaches for the shift ensuring they are on time, follow the themes, lesson plans etc.
- Ensure attendance is taken daily
- Follow all rotation schedules provided, make recommendations for improvement where needed
- Assist managers in any capacity
- Handle parents as needed
- Teach gymnastics, trampoline and or tumbling to children ages 18 mos to teen as soon as scheduled using safe, fun, planned lessons with good technique and progressions. Would prefer to give this individual more advanced classes as well as tramp and tumbling.
- Conduct testing in real time using skills app.
- Conducting testing 4x per year, accurately enter levels, complete report cards
- Attending/participating in all scheduled meetings, clinics and events
- Step in as needed in the event that a manager is away.
- Other tasks as required
Hours: 10-20 per week. Rate: $18.00-$23.00/per hour, depending on experience
Experience: Gymnastics Coaching: 3 years (required) Expected start date: 2022-04
To apply: kindly email your resume and references in confidence to:
Brittney Johnson, Rec Program Manager Oakville at email@example.com
**Only those we plan to interview will be contacted.
Thank you in advance!