Submission Deadline: Extended to August 31, 2020
This award was established in 2010 to honour the tremendous contribution made by Mr. Stan Stenoff, affectionately known as “Mr. S.”, to children, coaches, and gymnasts at the (former) Etobicoke JC’s Gymnastics Club. Night after night, he gave up family time, poured his heart and soul into his gymnasts, and worked tirelessly to see ‘his girls’ achieve their dreams. Stan Stenoff sadly passed away in 2005, just a month after he had gathered all his former students for a memorable reunion at the Etobicoke Olympium.
This annual award is to recognize an extraordinary gymnastics coach who unknowingly touches hearts and changes lives, as the beloved “Mr. S” did. The recipient of this award must have coached for a minimum of twenty (20) years.
Recipients must be members in good standing of Gymnastics Ontario and have attained the appropriate level of NCCP and Risk Management/Respect in Sport based on the level of athlete they are coaching.
To be eligible for this award, coaches must have:
- Exemplified commitment, personal achievement, and positive image;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe and ethical coaching practices;
- Shown dedication and commitment to coaching the sport of gymnastics;
- Promoted the personal and social benefits associated with participation in sport at all levels;
- Identified and recruited talented athletes and provided for their holistic development;
- Supported the development of, and contributed to, a healthy and ethically-based athlete/participant centered sport system;
- Have strived to increase collaboration, communication, and cooperation within the gymnastics community.
Nominations are to be submitted on the General Award Nomination Form. The nominator must also be a coach in good standing with Gymnastics Ontario; the second nominator is NOT required to be a coach.
The nomination must be accompanied by a coaching profile that outlines how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Nominations to be submitted to:
Gymnastics Ontario Awards Committee
2950 Keele Street, Suite 202
North York, ON M3M 2H2
Nominations will be short-listed by the Awards Committee, and approved by the Board of Directors.
The recipient will be presented with an annual award at the G.O. Annual Awards Banquet. Recipients will receive two complimentary tickets to the Awards Banquet, and photos may be posted on the G.O. website (with permission by signing the Image Release Form).
Recipients will be notified by Gymnastics Ontario a minimum of 30 days prior to the Awards Banquet in order to confirm attendance. Awards not presented at the Awards Banquet will be sent to the recipient by mail.
Stan Stenoff Career Achievement Coaching Award
2010 Kathy Hubbard
2011 Norm Loader
2012 Svetlana Joukova
2014 Kathy Kline
2015 Jody Kilby
2016 Kim Poole
2017 Ken and Kim Rae
2018 Glen Cooper
2019 Jen Kingston