The club has grown alongside the Burlington community for over 55 years, proudly serving over 7,000 members annually between its two locations and host to Canada’s largest Invitational Competition: Spring Cup.
BGC is home to two disciplines; Artistic and Rhythmic providing a wide variety of inclusive Recreational and Competitive programs for gymnasts of all ages and abilities.
Assistant Manager of Recreation ~ Full Time position
Schedule varies: Daytime, Evening and Weekends
We offer a competitive salary, along with flexible benefits and other perks.
- NCCP Foundations 1 trained (or willing to be trained within the first 3 months of employment)
- Standard First Aid/ CPR (or willing to be trained within the first 3 months of employment)
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Sport Management or Recreation Leisure Sport Diploma and/or Equivalent Experience
Reporting to the Recreation Manager you will assist with the planning and implementation of all facets of our recreational programs. Complementing the role of the Rec Manager you are able to work independently, as a team member demonstrating positivity and professionalism when engaging with employees, athletes, parents and 3rd party vendors.
Contributing to a positive, organized work environment you will:
- Support the Rec Manager with a broad range of staff responsibilities – (i.e., recruitment, hiring, training & development of coaches.
- Work closely with the Rec Manager to design, plan, schedule and deliver Rec programming to ensure an exceptional and inclusive experience for our parents, athletes and coaches. This includes recreational classes, birthday parties, camps, open gyms, school visits, P.A. days, club events, etc.
- Ensure a positive, safe environment that fosters the all-round development and progression of our gymnasts.
- Be an Ambassador for the Burlington Gymnastics Club, demonstrating our Vision, Mission and Values at all times.
Please send your resume to:
Lyn Patterson: firstname.lastname@example.org
BGC H.R. Chair
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. **Deadline for applications: November 22nd, 2023