Position: Club Administrator
Term: up to 40 hours per week
Location: Burlington, ON (710 Maple Ave. and 4323 Mainway, Burlington ON)
Hours: Variable, including evenings and weekends
About the BGC: Founded in 1968, the Burlington Gymnastics Club is one of the largest and most established gymnastic clubs in Ontario, operating for over fifty years in the Burlington community. BGC currently has approximately 150 competitive athletes and 4,000 year-round recreational participants, with approximately 90% under the age of 19. BGC is a non-profit organization run by a Board of Directors elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting. BGC provides year-round recreation and competitive programs for gymnasts and coaches. Some of these programs include summer camps, drop-ins, master programs, developmental classes, coaching clinics, competitions and community events. A professional staff of six is currently employed to oversee and coordinate the programs and services offered by the BGC.
Position Summary: As the Club Administrator, you will be a key contact for our customers and volunteers to provide accurate, up-to-date information about BGC programs in a friendly and engaging manner. You will work closely with other BGC administrative, financial and technical staff and volunteers to register gymnasts into Club programs (recreation and competitive) organize special events and competitions throughout the year, oversee facility operations. You will also be a key contributor for the Club’s digital and social media presence.
Job Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan, implement and manage the registration of both artistic and rhythmic competitive programs and recreation programs, camps and drop-ins;
- Plan, implement and manage Club special events; Spring Cup Invitational, provincial qualifier, coaching clinics, banquet and awards, wall of fame, etc.;
- Manage club inventory, equipment, uniforms; Perform necessary administration functions for gymnast and coaches including completion of club and competition registrations, travel arrangements and qualification and certification updates;
- Assist with the implementation of the BGC marketing initiatives with specific reference to social media postings, website maintenance, and other items as required;
- Manage accounting records and payroll under direction of the Club Treasurer and Accountant
Position Requirements: The requirements for this position include: A post-secondary Sport Management Degree would be an asset; Provincial, District or Club sport administration experience, and gymnastics sport knowledge would be an asset; Strong organizational and time management skills; Available to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings; Outgoing personality with strong customer service skills; Reliability and a professional manner; Strong computer skills that include knowledge of Google Suites, Quick Books, Studio Director; A valid driver’s license and the ability to go to various locations around Burlington.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Experience: Administrative: 2 years preferred
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: Linda Olimer, Executive Director at email@example.com by 5:00pm, March 19, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.