Cornwall Gymnastics Club (CGC) is seeking an experienced and skilled WAG Competitive Coach to join and lead our growing and ambitious team of amazing coaches. We are interested in energetic and enthusiastic applicants looking for a full-time position; however, part-time may be considered.
525 Boundary Road, Cornwall, Ontario
CGC is located in the City of Cornwall in Eastern Ontario. The City of Cornwall has a unique geographic location at the convergence of the Ontario, Quebec, and New York State borders. It shares its southern border with the Mohawk Nation of Akwesasne. The City is situated along the St. Lawrence River and Highway 401 and is only an hour’s drive from Montreal and Ottawa. The City’s location on the St. Lawrence River and its numerous parks and recreation facilities makes the City an excellent place to reside.
The Cornwall Gymnastics Club is an established gymnastics club operating for over 30 years. Our facility offers 18’900 sq feet of space for our recreational and competitive programming. CGC is a non-profit organization run by a Board of Directors elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting. CGC provides year-round programming for gymnasts, including camps, drop-ins, competitions, and community events. CGC has a wide range of programming available for both competitive and recreational levels. CGC is dedicated to providing the community with the opportunity to explore and embrace the sport of gymnastics in a safe, fun, and positive environment and to develop strong, confident and resilient athletes through quality coaching and programming.
This position requires the candidate to become a key contact for customers and volunteers to provide accurate, up-to-date information about CGC programming. The candidate would work closely with other CGC staff (administrative, financial and volunteers) to register gymnasts into Club programs (recreation and competitive), organize special events and competitions throughout the year.
The primary requirements for this position include:
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to follow directions and implement strategies set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Outgoing personality with strong customer service skills.
- Reliability and a professional manner.
- Coaching experience 3 to 5 years WAG specific
- Administrative experience 2 years.
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail.
- NCCP Level 2/Competition 1 WAG certification or equivalent.
- Experience coaching levels 3-9—?provincial training
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Vulnerable Sector Police Background check.
- First Aid (willing to obtain).
- NCCP Level 3/Competition 2 and bilingualism are considered an asset.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan, implement and manage the registration of competitive programs, recreation programs, camps, and drop-ins.
- Plan, implement and manage Club special events.
- Manage club equipment and uniforms and perform any necessary administration functions for gymnasts and coaches, including scheduling of staff, completion of club and competition registrations, travel arrangements and qualification and certification updates.
- Attend competitions
- Assist with CGC fundraising initiatives.
- Variable with a requirement to work evenings and weekends. Approximately 35-40 hours per week.
- Commensurate with experience.
- The ability to provide a minimum of 2 references.
All interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to the Board of Directors (attention Tracy Bradley) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.