Dakota Gymnastics Academy (DGA) is looking for a positive, friendly, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our team as Women’s Competitive and Pre- Competitive Artistic Gymnastics Coach J0 1-5 Level. Come and join the Dakota Gymnastics Academy team and be part of our reputable and successful gymnastics club in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The candidate needs to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and be skilled in collaborating with other. He or she should have great organizational skills and an excellent attitude with children, youth, and families. A high level of professionalism is a must, both inside and outside of the gym. This individual will help set a positive atmosphere for our gymnasts to train and compete. He or she will play a critical role in developing our Women’s Pre-Team and Level 1-5 athletes and growing our competitive team program. Previous gymnastics coaching experience is essential. He or she will also work with individual athletes to achieve their gymnastics goals in a safe, inclusive and fun environment.
Joining DGA gives you the opportunity for growth and development, a competitive salary and to be part of a dynamic and professional culture.
About Dakota Gymnastics Academy:
Gymnastics Canada provides the operating standards and practices for the sport of gymnastics in Canada. Thus, the mission of Dakota Gymnastics Academy (DGA) mirrors that of Gymnastics Canada: “to promote and provide positive and diverse gymnastics experience through the delivery of quality and safe gymnastics programming.” Put another way, our philosophy and Gymnastics Canada’s are to ensure that all participants have FUN with gymnastics, gain FITNESS through gymnastics, and learn sound FUNDAMENTALS of gymnastics.
We believe that creativity, variation, and repetition in a safe, fun, and inclusive environment will help young people learn gymnastics successfully – not to mention other vital life skills.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Have a decent working knowledge of gymnastics skills for competitive and overall gymnastics
- Be able to work unsupervised and provide supervision for other instructors
- Have experience in conducting competitive and general gymnastics programs
- Conduct process of identifying and recruiting new team athletes from our recreational program
- Train team athletes in proper form and technique for skills and routines
- Use level specific and age-appropriate stretches, exercises, and training to help the athletes progress
- Conducting training and competition for the DGA competitive and pre-competitive Programs
- Building and planning lesson plans and create appropriate workouts, noticing techniques, etc. for successful and safe training
- Support with parent meetings and team coaches’ meetings
- Communicate with gymnasts and families on the gymnast’s progress regularly
- Assist with competitive team clinics and special events
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year of competitive gymnastics coach experience
- Friendly, positive, and professional
- Current on required training for Instructor level membership
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superb communication skills with gymnasts and their families
- Ready to work evenings for practices
- Ready to travel to competitions during competition season
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team
- Part-time (12-15 weekly hours)
This position requires an application including a resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Skills and Experience as detailed in the Position Description sent to email@example.com
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes thorough safeguarding of children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with Dakota Gymnastics Academy.
We are running a very COVID safe sports club. We have sanitizer everywhere, a one-way flow of traffic in and out of the gym and a strict cleaning regime.