Gymnastics Ontario is now implementing a digital Coach ID system. The digital Coach ID will be available to coaches and clubs on Uplifter. For the 2022-2023 season all coaches are expected to show the new digital Coach ID.
How to Apply for a Digital Coach ID
To be issued this digital Coach ID, this application form needs to be filled out.
The following are requirements to be issued a Coach ID:
- Minimum of Competition 1 (Introduction) Trained or Certified Level 2
- A JPEG photo of the coach on a white background with no facial modification.
- Any use of filters will cause your ID application will be denied, and you will have to resubmit, delaying your application.
- A copy of the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders (RiS) certificate
- To Access the Respect in Sport program or retrieve an old certificate, please click here.
- Completion of the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) online evaluation (for those trained under the Competition Stream courses)
- Coaches with Artistic credentials that have been trained under the old Levels system and have been transferred into the new system of training will have until January 1, 2027, to complete the MED online evaluation.
In the Coach ID application, you will be asked for your coaching certification levels. Please check to see if it matches your Locker. If it is different from the Locker, when asked if it matches, please select “No.” Then you will be asked to upload proof of your current certification level. Without proof of your current certification level, your application will be rejected. Please verify all requirements have been met before submitting an application.
How to Access Your Digital Coach ID
Once your application has been processed you will receive an email at the email address provided in the application. This will let you know if the request has either been rejected or approved and processed. If your application is rejected, you will be informed what the missing requirements are. If you have been approved and processed, you will then be able to access your Digital Coach ID on Uplifter. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here.
How to Show Your Digital Coach ID
You have three options to show this digital Coach ID at competitions:
- Login to Uplifter and show this ID live
- Screenshot your ID and show the image on your device
- Print the screenshot yourself and present the hardcopy
You must be able to show the following categories either live or on your screenshot:
- Coach Photo
- Coach Name
- Coaching Level
- NCCP Number
- Other Requirements
- Expiry Date
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Membership Services Manager at membership@gymnasticsontario.