The mission of Etobicoke Gymnastics is to provide recreational gymnastics to the community and competitive gymnastics for those athletes demonstrating the ability and interest to compete in the sport of women’s artistic gymnastics.
We are seeking a Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Competitive Coach/Office Assistant.
This position is located in Etobicoke and will report directly to the President. The WAG Competitive Coach/Office Assistant is responsible for developing the Women’s Competitive Program, including organizing, implementing, and communicating all activities in the WAG program. The WAG Competitive Coach/Office Assistant is also responsible for coaching the assigned groups to provide a learning environment for all athletes and prepare them for future competition. The role is accountable for working within the club’s vision, mission, policies, and procedures as set out by Management.
For those looking to own their own business, there are opportunities to explore gym ownership for the successful candidate.
Coaching Philosophy Gymnasts will train to their personal best in a challenging, fun, safe and positive learning environment. Emphasize that the pursuit of excellence is an important goal in and of itself, participating and doing one’s best are more important than winning or losing.
Employer Philosophy Provide training opportunities which permit employees to develop and increase their capacities to perform their jobs in a better and more meaningful manner. To recognize the value and potential of self-motivation of people who thoroughly understand their jobs, not only what they are to do, but the reason why, so that individual initiative and thought will be encouraged in the accomplishments of their tasks.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Coach WAG program as determined by Management.
- Organize competitive class groups and structures in consultation with Management.
- Develops and ensures the effective delivery of short and long-term goals.
- Actively recruit and develop new athletes and coaches.
- Communicate with athletes on class structure and changes, their progress, competition information and any concerns they may have.
- Communicate and work as a team with Management to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Communicate and work as a team with all coaches under supervision.
- Provide mentorship opportunities for coaches under supervision.
- Update and inform Management of any change in athlete status.
- Ensure absences are approved and coverage is arranged.
- Ensure WAG coaches absences are approved and coverage is arranged.
- Supervise athletes in a safe and effective manner.
- Keep accurate attendance records.
- Ensure the gym and equipment are safe, organized, clean and well maintained.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Be up to date on Employee Handbook and changes made to it.
- Participate in a coaching or technical role in demonstrations, internal club events and competitions as assigned.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct for coaches and athletes.
- Attend all coach meetings and club events as required.
- Work/collaborate with Management to develop floor rotation once comfortable with model. Always follow and enforce rotation model in the gym.
- Adhere to privacy of information act.
- Complete all accident reports.
- Organize first aid certification events.
- Update and track employee first aid certification course in consultation with Management.
- Maintain and update first aid equipment.
- Complete monthly general equipment checks.
- Complete bi-monthly equipment safety inspections.
- Report and update damaged equipment to Management.
- Attend to areas of the gym that need fixing or tidying weekly.
- Create and update annual equipment purchases needed to Management.
- Communicate with Management any safety concerns or issues as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with all staff always maintaining a professional attitude.
- Communicate openly with all staff members.
- Supports and promotes Etobicoke Gymnastics with the best interest of the business always at the forefront.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
Coaching Qualifications, Requirements & Attributes
- NCCP Level 2 Women’s Certified or Competitive 1 Trained is a minimum requirement
- NCCP Level 1 Trampoline (Level 2 Trampoline would be an asset)
- Current Risk Management and First Aid Certification
- Familiar with Ontario Women’s Technical Rules
- Teach skills in safe logical progressions.
- Attend competitions, meetings and events when required.
- Available to work Monday to Friday evenings and one day at the weekend.
- No weekends in July and August.
- Ability and knowledge to coach Women’s Xcel / Optional Levels
- Maintain a good rapport with gymnasts and parents.
- Personable, organized, friendly and a team player.
- Demonstrate patience and sensibility to athlete’s needs and provide encouragement.
- The candidate would be required to provide proof of a Vulnerable Sector check or have one completed.
- Previous office experience is an asset, but we will train the right candidate.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with online class registration software.
- Amazing interpersonal skills to communicate with our members.
- Teamwork: ego must be set aside in favour of working together.
- Be trustworthy, absolute alignment in word and deed.
- Must be able to perform tasks independently with the ability to juggle multiple tasks without getting overwhelmed.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with experience
- Three weeks paid vacation (if full-time)
- Employee Benefits (minimum 20 scheduled hours to be eligible)
- An amazing environment for both personal and professional growth.
- We will train the right candidate for the position.
Interested applicants are to submit a résumé in confidence with cover letter (including wage expectation) by Wednesday May 31, 2023, email to: email@example.com
All inquiries shall be acknowledged, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.