Who are we?
Evolution Gymnastics Aurora is starting our 11th year offering a unique Gymnastics Club experience to families and individuals alike in the York Region area. We strive to provide all our clients with a positive experience and top quality gymnastics training.
Where do you fit in?
The compulsory program WAG coach provides instruction, supervision and leadership to our level 3-5 athletes. The coach is responsible for safety and management of the gym while on duty, and reports to the WAG head coach. There may also be an opportunity to take on the role of WAG coordinator in the near future. You must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to support athletes, parents and staff.
What will you be doing?
- Planning and supervising the training of compulsory WAG Team members (12+ hours/week)
- Recreational coaching will also be made available for additional hours if requested.
- Coaching and supervising TEAM athletes when they attend competitions.
- Attend staff meetings and provide input into the improvement of the gym’s available programs.
- Assist in other duties as required including administration pertaining to the WAG program
- There may be an opportunity for promotion to WAG program coordinator for the right applicant.
What do you need to have?
- Minimum Comp 2 Artistic Certified
- Minimum 5 years athlete training or coaching experience at any level
- Trampoline Foundations Certified preference given to Comp 1
- Current Risk Management/Respect in Sport
- First Aid / CPR or willing to certify
- Police check required
- Ability to multitask during busy periods
- Be detail oriented and knowledgeable of the regulations for compulsory competition in Ontario
- Be professional, self-motivated and maintain a high standard of customer service.
What can you expect from us?
- A competitive salary with upward potential based on performance
- A friendly, team based environment.
- CPP and EI contribution. Vacation pay is paid every payroll at 4%.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.