Being a member of Sport Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) and Gymnastics Canada, Gymnastics Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization located in St. John’s, NL. GNL is responsible for the overall governance, development and promotion of gymnastics in the province. Our dynamic team serves 11-member clubs representing almost 5,000 participants province wide. As a member-based organization, we strive to deliver an excellent member service experience in all of our interactions.
GNL is seeking a dynamic, responsible, and innovative individual to take on the leadership role of Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of GNL, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of GNL, including management of staff, programs, events and office administration.
Key responsibilities of the Executive Director, include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating the development and execution of the strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Development and maintenance of, and ensure compliance with, GNL policies and procedures
- Perform office management activities, and bookkeeping duties with oversight by the volunteer Treasurer
- Preparation of financial statement accounts for annual review engagement by external accountants
- Preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Apply for and administer grant funding
- Insurance reporting and administration
- Co-ordination of, and participation in, GNL Board, committee, and annual AGM meetings
- Facilitation and co-ordination of the logistics and/or planning associated with GNL provincial, and Team Newfoundland attended, competitions
- Arrange travel, accommodations, per diems, honorariums and cost sharing
- Organize judging and coaching clinics and athlete training camps
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide overall leadership of office staff
- Respond to inquiries from the public, member clubs and parents
- Collaborate and foster effective relationships with stakeholders, including with member clubs, other provincial gymnastics sport organizations and Gymnastics Canada
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or diploma in Business/Office Administration or Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in change management or transformational leadership
- Basic bookkeeping experience
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Influential and engaging leadership style
- Consensus and relationship builder among diverse stakeholders
- Strong time and project management skills
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of building an environment that fosters collaboration, growth and development
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, visionary leader with success in executing strategic priorities
- Innovative thinker and technologically savvy
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for member club diversity
Candidates can submit their cover letter, resume and three-work related references to Gymnastics Newfoundland and Labrador at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 4th, 2023. Please ensure the subject line reads “GNL Executive Director”.
The position is located in St. John’s, NL with some travel required. GNL is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.
A competitive compensation package that includes an attractive base salary, benefits and professional skills upgrading await the successful candidate.