Thirty-six Provincial level rhythmic gymnasts took part in a Gymnastics Ontario Training Camp this past weekend where they had the chance to gain new skills & techniques that will allow them to advance in the upcoming competitive season. Training camps such as this allow athletes to be taught, motivated and inspired by some of the top coaches and athletes in the country and meet peers from other clubs.
Athletes worked on apparatus technique, masteries, body movements and elements. They learned new turning/spinning techniques as well as techniques to improve their jumps. They also had the opportunity to learn from and train alongside National Novice champion, Natalie Garcia, and Senior bronze medallist, Katherine Uchida.
Camp conductors included:
- Tatjana Dolic – National Level coach and judge, attended a 2015 Pan American Gymnastics Union (PAGU) camp with her athlete, Natalie Garcia
- Polina Tzankova – Brevet Judge – attended various World Cups and World Championships representing Canada on the judging panel
- Danuta Smiechowski – National Level coach and Brevet Judge
- Alex Gatsukov – Ballet master
- Katherine Uchida – Bronze medallist at 2015 Canadian Championships in the Senior category and represented Canada at World Cups in August and World Championships in September
- Natalie Garcia – 2015 Canadian Champion in the Novice category and was selected to attend a 2015 PAGU camp
- Kristina Mironova – National stream athlete
Gymnastics Ontario would like to especially thank Provincial Coaching Chair, Margaret Wichrowska and host club, Toronto Aspirals Gymnastics Centre.
For photos, please visit Gymnastics Ontario’s Facebook Page
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel