The Competitive Coach will assist the Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach in coaching Competitive gymnasts and groups.
- University Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sports Administration or related area preferred
- NCCP Level 2 Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Certification for Provincial (required)
- NCCP Level 2 Trampoline Certification (preferred)
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Police Records Check – Vulnerable Populations
The Competitive Program at HHGC is designed to give elite gymnasts at HHGC the opportunity to reach their full potential in a competitive environment as well as inspire and motivate those in the recreational program. HHGC is a member and operates under the jurisdiction of Gymnastics Ontario. The safety and best interests of the gymnast will be viewed as the highest priorities by the Centre. This program has the mandate, coaching, facilities and resources to develop gymnasts at all levels leading up to provincial level.
TIME ALLOCATION & SALARY
To be determined
It is expected that the Competitive Coach demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, dedication, loyalty and confidentiality. All HHGC Policies and Procedures must to adhered to. A supreme effort must be made to earn the respect, trust and confidence of the gymnasts, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Assume coaching responsibilities for select gymnasts and groups as required
- Responsibilities include skill assessment and development, gymnast supervision, all aspects of training, ‘routine’ development and choreography, safety, meet preparation
- Responsibilities at Gymnastics Competitions include gymnast preparation, attendance, coaching and parent education / relations / information
- In addition to Competitive Girls Gymnastics, groups may also include Competitive Trampoline, Recreational Interclub and other recreational gymnastics, tumbling and trampoline as required
Parent Relations / Communication
- Assist in educating and communicating with parents regarding levels, coaching philosophy, skills, hours, schedule, evaluation, progress reports, upcoming activities, etc
- Work towards maintaining positive relationships with all parents
Communication / Reporting
- Assist the Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach maintaining up-to-date information regarding each gymnast’s skill level and goals – this includes test / assessment results, regular evaluation re: progress, goal setting and an action plan to accomplish goals. Ensure that each gymnast is competing at the appropriate level and encourage the pursuit of excellence in all areas and at all levels.
- Assist the Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach in developing and implementing a process whereby a gymnast makes a smooth and successful transition from the recreational program to the competitive program.
- Assist in evaluating the equipment to make sure it is adequate and appropriate for training
- Assist the Director, Competitive Programs & Head Coach regarding equipment lay-out and re-configuration when necessary
Safety / Risk Management
- Be aware of and follow all safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Assist in plans for the safety of all gymnasts
- Consult with the Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach with regards to proper spotting techniques and safe gymnastics coaching procedures
- Complete and submit GO Incident / accident reports according to HHGC protocol when required
- Assist with the organization and running of special events and activities when required. These may include the Annual Competitive Banquet, Year-end show and gymnastics meets hosted by HHGC
Other Duties as Assigned
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach and/or Executive Director that fulfil the mandate of HHGC
Please send resume in confidence to:
647 215 2035