We are non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality programming while inspiring a foundation of excellence in our community since its inception in 1975. We offer recreational, development and competitive programming in artistic gymnastics and trampoline.
WAG Technical Director – Full time position – Montreal (Quebec)
The WAG Technical Director works under the direct supervision of the General Manager and will work closely with the leadership team to make programs offered a success. Programs may include developmental, provincial, high performance and other appropriate related programs.
- Supervise and mentor the WAG program and coaches, work with the leadership team in the supervision of these coaches for performance and growth.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs for athletes and coaches.
- Oversee the organization and operations of the WAG program, coaches and external groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- Responsible for the facilitation of WAG programs with input from other competitive coaching staff.
- Supervise and evaluate all coaches working within the WAG program.
- Responsible for planning of and coaching the highest-level groups within the WAG program, along with mentoring the developmental and lower level groups.
- Responsible for planning and implementing special WAG events, competitions, etc. in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensure gym and equipment are safe, organized, clean, maintenance and housekeeping needs repaired, reported, and/or delegated as needed.
- Maintain paperwork on the WAG program with input from coaches.
- Responsible for the coordination of evaluation meetings to discuss athletes progress with parents once per year or as needed.
- To assist with and oversee active coaching and supervision of WAG staff to ensure maintenance of coaching standards with safety a priority in conjunction with other staff.
- To attend technical clinics and professional development opportunities as requested by the General Manager and leadership team.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure all WAG coaches are up to date on all certifications required to perform job duties (coaching levels, first aid, etc.).
- Ensure accident reports and appropriate paperwork is completed and processed.
- Assist with coaching recruitment, interviews, and training in conjunction with the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have a minimum of NCCP Level 3 WAG Training certification or equivalent experience.
- Current First aid and CPR Certification.
- Minimum 3 years experience in coaching and management.
- Ability to communicate well with athletes, coaches, and parents. Our gym is a bilingual environment. Knowledge of French and English is an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, positive work ethics, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in the interpretation and application of related regulations, policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the WAG programs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Nancy Bourguet, General Manager : firstname.lastname@example.org