Kanata Gymnosphere is seeking an experienced WAG Competitive Coach to join a growing & ambitious team. We are interested in both Part Time and Full Time Applicants. The following qualifications/attributes should be attained by all applicants interested in the position.
Our Club is located in a fantastic and newly renovated facility in Kanata. We have two separate gyms in our facility, allowing both competitive and recreational programs to grow and thrive. Our WAG Program continues to expand and we have a large range of programming available at our Club.
Terms of Employment: Permanent (Part Time/ Full Time)
Salary: To be Determined on Experience/Negotiable
Position Start Date: Negotiable
- Minimum NCCP Level 2 WAG or Competition 1
- Current Police Vulnerability Check
- Gymnastics Ontario Respect in Sport
- Ability to obtain courses/certification that are mandatory to coach at our Club such as Safe Sport, Concussion Training, Making Ethical Decisions
- Current First Aid/CPR
- NCCP Level 1 Trampoline
- Level 2 Trampoline or ability to obtain
- Ability to work & collaborate in a team environment with staff & Competitive Director
- Proven ability to coach in a growing & diverse program (ranging from Developmental, Invitational, Compulsory & Provincial athletes)
- Has a strong desire to continue Kanata’s quality programming by implementing technical coaching from previous experience
- Exhibits strong communication skills both with athletes and other staff members
- Willingness to learn Kanata’s technical standard and adhere to program philosophy
- Has a positive attitude towards hard work and athlete development
- Ability to follow direction and implement strategies set forth by Competitive Director
- Prepare, plan and structure trainings to meet the needs of athlete’s long term development in our program with collaboration of the Competitive Director
- Ability to provide a minimum of 2 references directly related to your previous experience coaching WAG
All interested candidates can send applications to the Competitive Director (Lauren Mooney)
firstname.lastname@example.org. Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.