Kawartha Gymnastics is an established not for profit organization in Peterborough ON. We are celebrating 50 years in business and have been ranked the #1 Peterborough gymnastics club for several years with the Peterborough Examiner and Ptbo This Week Reader’s Choice Awards. We are planning to expand into a new 12,000 sq. ft facility in late 2022 as part of the new multi sport complex in Peterborough’s north end with Hybrid Sports. This facility will include several pieces of new equipment including an in-ground foam pit and will allow us to expand our growing programs. Kawartha Gymnastics prides itself on an excellent reputation of delivering high quality gymnastics. We are currently looking to hire a Head Coach for our competitive program. We are offering a flexible start date in order to find the right candidate of the late spring, summer, or fall of 2022.
Kawartha Gymnastics has a strong, growing competitive program led by dedicated, competent and hard-working coaches. We offer competitive classes for ages 4+ yrs. We are looking for a strong leader to help grow and cultivate our programs and provide exceptional management of our coaching staff through our transition to expansion coming out of the pandemic and into a new facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and implementing effective coaching practices for competitive gymnasts. They must be experienced in leading a competitive program, highly organized, have a strong understanding of long-term planning and development, and will provide competitive level coaching to athletes with a variety of skills and abilities. In collaboration with the General Manager, they will promote coach knowledge opportunities and mentorship for continued development, including facilitating coach meetings and workshops.
- Post Secondary education in related field (preferred)
- Competition One Certified (NCCP Level 2 equivalent or higher)
- 5+ years of competitive coaching experience including Optional, Compulsory and Xcel Programs
- Valid police record check including vulnerable person search
- First Aid/CPR certified (or willing to obtain)
- Making ethical decisions and respect in sport
- Extensive knowledge and experience of gymnastics coaching, programming, and athlete development
- Ability to work flexible hours and evenings/weekends as required
- Must be able to bear weight as required to spot or support athletes of all ages and abilities
- Must be able to be physically active including (but not limited to) movements such as: rotation, squatting, lifting, holding and others as required
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment, providing mentoring and direction to coaching staff as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills in dealing with coaches, athletes, and parents
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and activities
- Willingness to actively recruit new athletes and promote the club, oversee the assessment and testing of new athletes
- Ability to address athlete/participant behaviour or issues with parents and suggest appropriate action
- Communicate with the General Manager on any safety concerns, equipment needs, and program issues as they arise
- Willingness to follow and implement all cleaning and safety measures of the organization including ongoing equipment checks, monitoring of cleaning logs, and regulations set out by Gymnastics Ontario
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or comparable email program
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Health Benefits
- Possibility of relocation bonus
Compensation: This full-time position which combines coaching and administrative duties, offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Flexibility in position start date including late spring, summer, or fall of 2022.
Please forward your cover letter, credentials, resume, and salary expectations to our General Manager, Heidi Collins email@example.com . We thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Until position is filled