Key City is a not-for-profit organization located in Cranbrook, BC. Cranbrook is nestled in an open valley located between the Rocky and Purcell Mountains and is surrounded by world class scenery, recreation, and wildlife.? Residents enjoy a large variety of outdoor recreational opportunities including, golfing, hiking, water sports and skiing. Mild winters and warm sunny summers characterize our beautiful mountain environment.
Key City Gymnastics Club operates out of the Mosaic Center, a 10,000 square foot, fully equipped gymnastics facility that includes an in-ground trampoline, 50-foot tumble track, foam pits and Spieth America gymnastics equipment.
We offer recreational, developmental, and competitive opportunities in artistic gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling and parkour. We are looking for a highly motivated coach, with a willingness to learn, achieve and grow within our organization while challenging our athletes to achieve their personal best in a positive, fun environment.
The successful applicant should be a team player and will work closely with our leadership team to make programs offered a success. The position is a combination of coaching athletes and administrative programming and planning duties. The work schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours with opportunities to travel to training events and competitions.
Qualifications and Experience
- NCCP Level 2+ certification or willingness to obtain (minimum NCCP Level 1 certification)
- Respect in Sport, Making Ethical Decisions Certificates
- Computer Literacy
- First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Police background and vulnerable sector check is mandatory
- NCCP Trampoline and/or Rhythmic Gymnastics Certification is an asset
- Choreography experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of the CanGym, CanJump, Xcel and JO Programs
- Able and willing to coach different levels and ages – recreational to competitive
- Experience in developing good, strong basics, ability to teach through progressions
- Develop and follow program plans; lesson plans; rotation schedules
- Great work ethic and communication skills
Compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Key City Gymnastics offers extended benefits opportunities. This is a permanent full time coaching position.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: