Hours: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours/week)
Reports to: Kitchener-Waterloo Gymnastics Club (KWGC) Board of Directors
Salary: $80,000 – $85,000/annum
Who Is KWGC?
The K-W Gymnastics Club (KWGC) has been a recognized community sports pioneer in the region for over five decades. KWGC is a not-for-profit organization, offering a variety of classes for all ages and abilities. As a community-based organization, KWGC’s mission is to offer diverse opportunities that promote life-long participation, nurture athletic excellence, and promote confidence, and enjoyment, in a safe and respectful environment to foster the love of gymnastics. Under the guidance of knowledgeable coaching, administrative staff and volunteer board of directors, KWGC continues to strive to be a respected leader in providing inclusive quality sport programs that foster personal growth.
This leadership role provides strategic direction within the organization while managing a direct staff of 5. Under the guidance of the Board of Directors (BOD), the candidate will oversee operations while achieving the goals and objectives of the organization. The BOD looks to the Executive Director to facilitate ongoing support, development as well as open, effective communication to ensure a strong, successful organization driven by a focused and shared vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the BOD, administration, and coaching staff to support successful operation of the organization as per approved Strategic Plan.
- Implement robust administrative controls, which include working with external auditors, and the Board of Directors to ensure all assets and records of the organization are protected.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Regularly report to the BOD and collaborate on the coordination of Special Membership Meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Initiate, negotiate and manage all contracts between KWGC and other parties
- Work with and provide staff recommendations to the Board of Directors for the development, implementation and maintenance of club operations in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of policies and plans in support of programming, special events and fundraising/sponsorships.
- Evaluation and ongoing monitoring of current programs and services to ensure financial viability and successful outcomes
- Assessing member service requirements and ensuring that member feedback is considered
- Shared overall responsibility for managing the budget process in accordance with direction from the BOD and in collaboration with the Treasurer of the BOD.
- Developing and implementing sound financial analysis and planning tools Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor monthly cash flow of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the monthly financial reports and that they are prepared and provided to the Treasurer and BOD.
- Ensure AR and AP are effectively managed, and the daily bookkeeping function is coordinated.
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly financial reports and provided to the Board of Directors
- Review/approve all employee / volunteer expense reimbursement requests
- Responsible for the hiring and management of all administrative and coaching staff, consultants and contractors in accordance with the annual budget.
- Ensure job descriptions and employment contracts are in place for all staff positions and are reviewed annually within the Club’s organizational structure
- Recommend improvements to existing human resources and operating policies to the Board of Directors
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring of staff as appropriate to improve performance while ensuring that regular performance reviews are conducted.
- Facilitate a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that staff receive an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided
Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or other related discipline.
- Relevant experience with Sport / Recreation Management, human resources and/or non profit organizations is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of gymnastics and/or other youth sport is an asset
- Strong strategic planning and organizational abilities with attention to detail and the ability to articulate a vision
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills with a strong track record of creating healthy workplaces with engaged and motivated staff
- Proven human resource, financial management and administration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a focus on customer service and dealing effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders/members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Please send a Resume/CV and cover letter to Kelvin Yee, President KWGC at email@example.com by September 18, 2022.