The Langley Gymnastics Foundation (LGF) is looking for a dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking leader to manage its Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) competitive program. We are looking for someone who has exceptional leadership and technical skills, the ability to motivate and is passionate about the club’s mission.
Reporting to the General Manager, the WAG Head Coach shall be responsible for leading and executing the vision of LGF’s WAG competitive program, while directly coaching athletes, and supporting the development and mentoring of coaches within the program. The WAG Head Coach will lead the implementation of provincial, national and international programs in a manner that is consistent with LGF’s values of positive coaching.
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, and evaluation of annual and long-term training and competition plans for the WAG program, at the provincial, national and international levels.
- Oversee the implementation of development and monitoring of LGF’s athlete talent identification program.
- Mentor LGF’s developing coaches.
- Respect and ensure adherence to LGF values of positive coaching and True Sport Principles.
- Take a lead role in working with various Sport Science and Program experts (Strength and Conditioning, Mental Trainers, Choreographers, Dance teachers, etc.).
- Engage with LGF administrative staff to manage pre-competitive and competive groups, registration, competition registration and travel, as needed.
- Qualified candidates will have a NCCP Level 4 certification / Advanced Coaching Diploma preferably, or NCCP Level 3.
- Proven ability to design, implement and manage a WAG competitive program.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with coaches, athletes, judges and sport leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English with well-developed oral communication skills
- The successful candidate must submit an up-to-date criminal record check.
This is a full-time position (40 hours). The salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience and will include an attractive employee benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications and resume, with salary expectations to:
General Manager – Langley Gymnastics Foundation
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
About Langley Gymnastics
Langley Gymnastics Foundation (LGF) recognizes its responsibility within the Langley community to promote lifelong participation in physical activity and support athletes at every level of competition and recreational endeavour.
LGF 15,000-square-foot modern gym facility is located in the vibrant community of Langley, BC. The community is home to young families and features flourishing neighbourhoods that offer housing options, schools, parks and shopping. LGG’s facility is located in the Langley Event Centre, which is home to numerous collegial sports teams.
LGF Vision Statement
- To be the leader in community-based gymnastics programs in Langley, promoting lifelong physical activity.
- To be a leader in competitive gymnastics providing programs that allow its athletes to distinguish themselves in BC, Canada and internationally.
LGF Mission Statement
- To develop physical literacy and promote an active, healthy lifestyle for community members.
- To offer high-quality, participant-centred competitive gymnastics programs, aim at developing strong independent athletes.
- To support LGF staff (coaches and employees) by providing meaningful work, mentoring and education.
“What I Believe I Can Achieve”