London Gymnastics Academy Recreational Program Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides leadership and coaching in educating staff to teach students to develop across all learning domains including physical mental, emotional and social character and life skills.
* Develops coaching staff by providing training opportunities internally at the club and information for training externally.
* Leads and supports coaching staff by fostering an environment of collaboration and an open exchange of communication with the intent of improving recreational programs.
* Promotes a collaborative and team oriented environment by demonstrating care, respect, and fairness. Provides recognition and timely and consistent feedback so the coaches are improving and adhering to performance standards.
* Participates in the recruitment and selection process and employee life cycle (including the CIT program), to ensure there is a pipeline of recreational talent for LGA (Supervisors, Coaches, CIT’s, Volunteers).
* Responsible for working in congruence with the operations manager in maintaining and updating all recreational staff files including wages, disciplinary actions, coaching and certification levels, health and safety training and vulnerable sector screening checks.
* Ensure that all LGA and Gymnastics Ontario guidelines, rules and behaviour expectations are communicated and adhered to by recreational staff.
*Work with other staff to ensure smooth functioning of LGA gymnastics.
* Addresses all concerns on the floor related to the recreational program and communicates with other gym disciplines to effectively resolve concerns.
* Demonstrates a business courtesy and customer service mentality when dealing with athletes, parents and the public, always demonstrating the values and behaviours representing London Gymnastics Academy.
* Seeks feedback and listens openly to customers/parents and integrates the feedback in order to meet customer needs. Collaborates with communications coordinator to keep customer/parents informed of plans, expectations and athlete development.
* Manages all customer inquiries as they relate to the operational aspects of the recreational programs by responding to daily e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner. A “two ring pick up the phone” policy and a 24hr return on all calls and email inquiries to be adhered to.
* Demonstrates the ability to exercise flexibility and understanding when dealing with internal and external customers.
* Work in conjunction with the operations manager to help athletes find funding through various Organizations (including Jumpstart, city and government sport organizations) and follow up to ensure payments are received.
* Continuously strives to improve recreational participation through open houses, events and advertising.
* Participates with other staff directors with external demonstrations to help promote recreational program growth.
* Ensure reception and general facilities are neat, clean and organized.
Process and Administration:
* Creates and manages recreational calendar of events. Ensures proper staffing and scheduling of coaches (working in collaboration with other program directors) to ensure quality and consistency in recreational programs.
* Creates and maintains a stable and functional rotation schedule for all recreational classes, and programs in conjunction with other competitive programs to ensure classes are organized in the most effective manner-the closing and opening of classes as well as ensuring participant maximums are obtained.
* Ensures all schedules and class lists for all recreational programs are completed.
* Responsible to plan, prepare and organize all summer camps and camp activities.
* Responsible for scheduling morning classes, rental groups, birthday parties, recreational private lessons, open and adult gym to help drive LGA’s brand awareness.
*Develops a curriculum that adheres to Gymnastics Ontario guidelines (including overseeing consistent testing methods and all subsequent report cards), as well as progressively appropriate lesson plans, theme weeks and warm-ups for use by coaches.
* Work in conjunction with the operations manger to develop recreational registration, membership and payment policies and guidelines for all recreational members that are consistent and cater to all customer needs.
* the rec director provides the necessary information to communications in a timely manner for the update of the website (for example, new session schedules, camps, etc.)
* approve staff hours every Monday following the end of the pay period. This includes ensuring that all hours are recorded, accurate and rec staff portals are up-to-date. When complete, they need to update person doing payroll.
*The rec director may delegate, with approval, if the hours are managed by someone else (ie. camps ensure that recreational staff know how to enter hours into their portal
* Provide supervision, direction and leadership to all part time reception staff as well as assisting with front desk inquiries.
* Help to manage financial policies and procedures for recreational registration in collaboration with the operations manager and owners (and/or other administrative staff) including but not limited to: petty cash, recreational invoicing, daily sales reports/reconciliation, and provide some input into annual budget development as requested.
* Ensure recreational injury prevention and safety procedures are maintained and when an accident occurs ensure proper protocols are followed and the proper documentation is forwarded to the communications coordinator. Ensure follow up protocols are followed in accordance with Gymnastics Ontario safety guidelines and LGA insurance policies.
* Quality control of internal and external documents.
*Perform other duties as assigned by the owners Jen and JP Kraemer. These may include attendance at meetings and professional development activities.
Professional/Personal Development & Community Involvement
* Strives to continually improve the knowledge of LGA programs, services, processes and business relationships.
*Serves as a role model and gym ambassador in and out of the office and develops/maintains excellent rapport with customers and other community partners.
* Recognized as a leader in the local community and participates regularly in local activities as required.
* Preferred degree or diploma in Recreation, Physical Education or a closely related field required.
* At least 2 years of progressive supervisory or management experience in Recreation or related fields.
* Gymnastics knowledge of minimum NCCP 1 ( NCCP level 2/Competition 1 certified is an asset) or willing to obtain
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability and positive team-focused attitude.
* Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
* Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
* Experience with Microsoft Word excel, Power point, Outlook, Jack Rabbit and Gymnastics Ontario related websites including registration and membership services.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Detail oriented and works with high degree of accuracy.
* Previous camp leadership experience in children’s and youth programs.
*Current Standard First Aid & CPR or willing to obtain.
* Current knowledge of government policies that help maintain a professional and safe work environment.
** As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check.
** All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
** Salary based on 40 hours/week.
*Hours are unique in that the applicant must be available most evenings and weekends when children are not in school.
*Available to attend morning classes during first week of each session. (Approximately 6 hours per session-hours to be returned during daytime hours in following weeks on approval of owner)
** Salary based on education and experience. Benefits available
Please submit your resume to Jen Kraemer at email@example.com_kraemer@rogers.com