Loyalist Gymnastics Club is a non-profit organization that offers a variety of programs, including recreational gymnastics, parkour, and competitive gymnastics for both males and females.
LGC has an immediate opening for a Women’s Competitive Head Coach to take the lead in the continued success of the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Program. The WAG Head Coach is responsible for the selection, training and development of athletes and coaches for the WAG program, as well as attending competitions throughout the year.
The preferred candidate will have previous experience coaching gymnastics as well as proven leadership skills, strong verbal and written communication abilities and strong time management skills.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Selection, training, and development of athletes for WAG competitive programs
- Create a positive, safe learning environment for children and young adults;
- Develop training hours and schedules;
- Prepare safe progressions for skill acquisition applicable to the athletes;
- Based on the individual’s talent determine the suitable competitive level for the athlete;
- Develop, plan, and implement competitive programming for WAG athletes;
- Provide coaching leadership during competitive meets as required;
- Select and develop competitive and pre-competitive coaching staff;
- Participate in coaching clinics and professional instruction courses, when required.
- Assist other Head Coaches to oversee the daily operation of the gym
- Equipment Inventory (ensure safety of current equipment and create list of new equipment required)
- Assist with Social Media – capturing photos and videos to be used for advertising purposes
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and expertise:
- Minimum NCCP Level 2 Certified Gymnastics & Trampoline (Introduction to Competition)
- Minimum of 3-5 years coaching Women’s Competitive Gymnastics
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is an asset
- Supervision and Management Skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet all deadlines and balance priorities
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills: diplomacy and discretion; good judgement; flexibility to cope with ongoing changes
Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
Successful candidates must supply the Loyalist Gymnastics Club with a Police Record Check.
Qualified applicants should send resumes to Laura at email@example.com
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.