The 2014-15 Season is already well underway with athletes and coaches in the gym preparing for the upcoming competition season.
The Men’s Artistic Community is very thankful to all of the clubs that put in their Bids to Host in a timely manner. Due to the generosity of their volunteers, we have hosts for all three MAG Ontario Cups.
The schedule and location of this year’s Ontario Cups is listed below along with dates and location, when available, for Canada Winter Games Trials, National and Provincial Tours, Elite Canada, Canada Winter Games, Eastern Championships and Canadian Championships.
There are a lot of events this season, so please be sure to get this information out to your gym parents so that they can book time off from work and hotel rooms, etc well in advance.
Registration for MAG Ontario Cups will be due on October 31, 2014. The Ontario Cup registration fees remain the same as last Season; $240 ($80 per Cup) for all levels.
Elite 3, Elite 4 and GCG Level 5 are all considered Provincial categories.
As more information becomes available, it will be posted on the gymnasticsontario.ca website and / or sent directly via email.
* November 2, 2014: Southwestern Judges Course – London Beje.
* November 9, 2014: Metro East/West Judges Course – Toronto.
* November 9, 2014: Eastern Judges Course – Ottawa Gymnastics Centre.
* December 12 – 14, 2014: CWG Trials, National Tour Selection and First Ontario Cup – Burlington BGs
* January 30 – February 1, 2015: Elite Canada – Location TBD
* February 6 – 8, 2015: Second Ontario Cup and Provincial Tour Selection – Muskoka Limberettes
* February 15 – 19, 2015: Canada Winter Games – Prince George, BC
* February 20 – 22, 2015: National Tour (BlackJack) – Las Vegas, NV
* March 6 – 8, 2015: Third Ontario Cup – Gymnastics Mississauga
* March 28 – 29, 2015: Provincial Tour – Abbotsford Twisters, BC
* April 10 – 12, 2015: Ontario Championships – Windsor
* May 8 – 10, 2015: Eastern Championships – Moncton, NB
* May 18 – 23, 2015 Canadian Championships – Location TBD
Level 1 and Level 2 Provincial Rules
Minor clarifications to last year’s routines will be distributed as soon as possible.
Level 3 and Level 4 Provincial Rules
There were some clarifications and adjustments made to the Level 3 and 4 rules which are highlighted in grey or struck out throughout the document. In October, the Final document will be published without the highlighting or strike outs. The DRAFT is available here: 2014-15 MAG Ontario Provincial Level 3 & 4 Rules v1.2 (November 27)
The Age Groups have been adjusted to balance out the groups and to make them more competitive.
- Level 1 and Level 2: (8-9), (10-11) and (12-13)
- Level 3 and Level 4: (10-11), (12-13) and (14-17)
You must be at least eight (8) years old as of August 31, 2014 to compete at anytime during the 2014-15 Season.
Athletes may not compete under age in any category.
Any athlete that will turn 18 years old at anytime before August 31, 2015 must compete in either the National Open or Senior categories.
All Level 3 athletes will now compete on the Pommel Horse without pommels.
The Ontario Provincial Level 5 category has been superseded by the Gymnastics Canada’s Level 5 Program. Please refer to the GCG document entitled Canadian Provincial Pathways for all matters pertaining to this level. At the time of this post, the GCG document has not been updated with changes that were discussed at the 2014 Men’s Program Assembly.
GCG has updated their Provincial and Elite Pathways documents on their website. Please refer to the GCG documents for GCG Level 5, Natioal Open and all Elite categories.