Do you love the sport of gymnastics and want to help athletes and young coaches develop their skills? Your previous gymnastics coaching experience, and strong understanding of the foundations of the sport, will be utilized on a daily basis when you’re in the gym coaching and supervising staff and athletes. Under the guidance of the Recreational Program Director and Recreational Program Manager, you will assist with the running of a highly busy and successful recreational program, with a strong focus on creating a safe learning environment for the children.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role includes, but is not limited to:
Staff and Athlete Management (60%)
- Supervise recreational staff and athletes during classes, camps, and special activities, providing guidance and support for staff.
- Encourage, motivate, recognize, and evaluate recreational staff.
- Coach recreational classes, when needed.
Program Management and Administration (25%)
- Work closely with the Recreational Program Director, Recreational Program Manager, and other senior staff to ensure smooth running of recreational programs on a daily basis.
- Assist with reviewing and recording athlete progress.
- Assist with program development.
- Camp planning and preparation including weekly themes, crafts, and game ideas.
Customer Relations (15%)
- Respond to parent and child feedback.
- Assess children who need to be placed into appropriate groups.
- Assist Administrative Manager during busy times including phone and walk-in enquiries, and registration.
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must have:
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience, including certification in Foundations Introduction, Theory, Artistic, and Trampoline
- Competition Introduction or Level 2 WAG
- Level 2 Trampoline (or be willing to obtain)
- First Aid/CPR (or be willing to obtain)
- Respect In Sport
- Previous recreational program supervising experience (asset)
Oakville Gymnastics is one of Canada’s most respected gymnastics clubs. Our Club offers Recreational and Competitive Programs in our state of the art, 25,000 square foot facility. The program is built on the philosophy of putting children ahead of performance.
Oakville Gymnastics Club is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process. Any misleading information may result in disqualification.
As an equal opportunity employer, Oakville Gymnastics Club would like to thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
Interested candidates please send your resume to