The Ottawa Gymnastics Centre (OGC) is seeking an experienced individual to fulfill the position of Competitive Program Manager. This individual will be responsible for organizing and providing support to our MAG, WAG ,TG and Xcel program coordinators. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines with a goal to ensure that all programs deliver and promote the OGC’s strategic goals and culture.
About the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre
Established in 1960, the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre (OGC) is the oldest operating not-for-profit gymnastics organization in Canada. Located in the heart of Westboro, OGC offers a wide variety of programs for participants 6 months to adulthood. We have a proud tradition of producing national and international level athletes and host numerous provincial and national events every year
- Oversight of all competitive programs and their staff to ensure they align with Ottawa Gymnastics Centre’s mission, values and policies.
- Work with all program coordinators (MAG/TG/WAG/Xcel) to facilitate the implementation of all staffing, training schedules, online calendars, master rotations, travel arrangements, try-outs etc.
- Supervision of all competitive program coordinators and staff, including HR and performance management.
- Work with administrative or other managerial staff to support the implementation of competitive programs alongside other OGC programs and initiatives (i.e. recreational gymnastics).
- Responsible for hiring staff in conjunction with executive director and/or coordinators.
- Implement and perform staff evaluations.
- Manage/oversee the online payments and registrations for special events, competitions, training camps, uniforms etc.
- Keep detailed equipment lists/needs and provide a budget that spans over the course of 4 years as well as organize/oversee all equipment repairs.
- Support and implement any strategic plan that is outlined by the executive director and board of directors.
- Maintain and implement all resources for programs, online or in house (i.e. manuals, education pieces, safety and equipment, professional development, OGC policies etc.)
- Support school advocacy for the athletes with information, prepare packages for individual athletes as needed and advocate with schools/boards as needed.
- Oversee competitive payroll.Document and ensure that all staff members have the appropriate certifications, orientation, and training for their roles
- Ensure all employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching, and formal evaluations
- Ensure that all employees comply with policies, procedures, guidelines, ethical standards, health & safety, and safe sport practices
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with established procedures
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures with the Executive Director
- Evaluate policies and procedures and provide recommendations for changes
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position.
- Comp 1 Certified WAG/MAG/TG (or willing to obtain)
- Respect in Sport, Safe Sport, Commit to Kids Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid vulnerable sector check
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried
Benefits: OGC offers a full benefits package and a RRSP contribution program
How To Apply: Send a Cover letter and CV to Mike Vieira (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 12, 2023.