Established in 1960, the Ottawa Gymnastics Centre (OGC) is the oldest operating not-for-profit gymnastics organization in Canada. Located in the heart of Westboro, OGC offers a wide variety of programs for participants 6 months to adulthood. We have a proud tradition of producing national and international level athletes, including two Olympians as well as countless women’s and men’s National and Provincial athletes and champions. The combination of our talented coaches, 22,000 square foot facility and commitment to coaching athletes to achieve their personal best, has proven to be a winning combination for our team.
Our Philosophy; to enrich the lives of our athletes through competitive sport and to use gymnastics as a vehicle to help them develop life long skills. We strive to place each child in a program where they will encounter success, be challenged and ultimately; derive the most enjoyment from.
Application Deadline Date
May 31st, 2022
$50,000 – $60,000
Expected Start Date
July 1st, 2022
|Our Mission||Our Vision||Our Values|
|To foster enthusiasm for gymnastics while building foundations for sport and life||To be the go to organization for sports excellence and innovation in Canadian gymnastics||Quality, Safety, Integrity|
We are currently seeking individuals for the following positions;
- Full-time Women’s Artistic Competitive Coach with the willingness to work closely with our WAG technical coordinator and senior performance coach to help develop athletes towards the national and high performance stream. Successful candidates may also assist in our optional, compulsory or pre-competitive programs to fulfill hours.
- Full and/or Part Time Women’s Artistic Competitive Coaches with experience coaching in all provincial levels. Successful candidates may also assist in our pre-competitive or Xcel programs to fulfill hours.
We pride ourselves on a positive and supportive environment with respect for the work/life balance of competitive coaches.
Knowledge and Skills (Required and/or Willingness to obtain):
- NCCP Gymnastics Comp 2 (or equivalent Level 3) Certification
- NCCP Trampoline Level 2 Certification
- Gymnastics Ontario Risk Management Program (available online, no charge)
- Current Standard First Aid and CRP
- Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sector)
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport
- Regular coaching expectations within the decided schedule
- The ability to be a self-starter when required, but still willing to follow directions from the WAG technical director and senior performance coach in regards to the content and technique being taught to developmental athletes.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop all athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed
- Attending competitions, training camps, etc. as requested
- Attending club and WAG program staff meetings & training sessions as requested
- Mentor and support in house coach development as requested
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
All applications and enquiries will be kept strictly confidential. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. Please indicate your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume to Amanda Pepin at firstname.lastname@example.org.