As Kitchener-Waterloo’s longest standing gymnastics club owned by gymnastics professionals, we offer a complete range of Recreational Programs for boys and girls, and a world-class Competitive Gymnastics program in a 14,000 sq foot air-conditioned facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000-50,000 per year
Vacation: 2 weeks paid
Benefit: Bursary included
Moving Expenses Covered (only for out of province selected candidate)
Preference given to candidates with related experience and/or education.
Duties of Position:
- Manage 25-35 coaching staff including evaluations, monitoring attendance, handling general complaints, issues or problems, organize and possibly conduct staff development workshops, and maintaining coaches’ employment records, certification, contracts, etc
- Plan and organize each session (fall, winter, summer) complete with themes, warm up and focus for each week, scheduling coaches for each class at the beginning of each term, the number of classes needed for each session, and rotation schedule
- Ensure coaches have a complete schedule for each session with list of kids, last level completed, session plan, rules, level system and any other necessary planning tools prior to each term
- Plan and coach March Break/Winter Camps/Summer Camps. (Includes crafts, planning, staffing, rotation schedules)
- Organize report cards for athletes (envelopes, ribbons, newsletter & comment sheet) group by class and prepare coaches for testing and report cards with all necessary information (list of kids, last level completed, copies of report cards recommendation sheet & due date)
- Evaluate the safety status of each piece of equipment that you will be using prior to your schedule class
- Complete gym ‘safety checks’ when assigned and weekly First Aid supply checked
- Ensure coaches are registered with Gymnastics Ontario
- Coaching and Supervising Duties
- Implement and enhance our Recreational program
- Pay period verifications
- Coach/Manage Summer camp / March Break Camp/Winter Camp/Kid’s Night/PD. Day Camp/Birthday parties/Events
- Maintain current NCCP certification and up to date First Aid and CPR
- Cover front desk as needed
- Acquire a general understanding of club policies and procedures for registration, running of all recreational classes and hours of operation
- Prepare Advertising Campaigns (brochures, flyers, posters, social media etc)
Hours of work:
(Fall: Sept. – June)
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday & Sunday : Off
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Summer: July & August)
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Off
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org