Revolution Gymnastics & Sports Centre is seeking a Recreational Team Lead to join our outstanding team.
Revolution Gymnastics is located in the beautiful city of Waterloo, Ontario with a population of 120,000. Revolution Gymnastics offers a state of the art 14,000 sq. ft. air-conditioned facility hosting over 800 gymnasts per session under private ownership and management. We have been in business since 2004 and were awarded Club of Distinction in 2015 by Gymnastics Canada.
The Job Specifications:
The candidate must have progressive experience with a demonstrated track record in the areas of people management and strategic decision-making. The candidate must demonstrate expertise in the development of policies and plans in support of programming, special events and fundraising. Proficiency in computer software applications, such as MS Excel and Word is required. Candidates must be bondable and subject to a criminal record check. Candidates must be NCCP Level 1 certified or be willing to obtain with the assistance from Revolution.
This position is Full Time Salary.
The Primary Responsibilities:
Under the watch of the Directors, the successful candidate will provide guidance and manage all recreational operations.
- Lead, develop and manage all recreational staff. (A team of approximately 30 part-time staff members.)
- Assist with the development, and growth of the recreational program.
- Ensure effective management of all the Centre’s part- time staff pay verification.
- Develop and co-ordinate recreational programming schedules.
- Implement and enhance the Centre’s Recreational programming.
- Maintain coaches’ employment records, certifications and contracts at the Directors discretion.
- Design lesson plans and rotation schedules to support recreational programs.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of report cards, recommendations and the Recreational Year End Show.
- Formulate, and implement strategic directions for the development, marketing and promotion of the Centre.
- Advertises for new members, and hiring new staff members.
- Liaise with recreational staff and Gymnastics Ontario as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent salary, with 2 weeks vacation. Salary will align with experience and qualifications. (Paid re-location expenses possible.)
The Closing Date:
Will remain open until filled.
Hours of the Position:
How to Apply:
E-mail your resume to email@example.com with 3 references (1 character/ 2 occupational) All to the attention of: Aaron Brokenshire, Director.
Candidate could potentially come from Sports & Leisure sectors such as fitness clubs, community recreation centres, dance studios, swimming & skating clubs, or be a graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Recreation & Leisure.