Phoenix’s mission is to be Canada’s leader in providing safe, inclusive, and diverse athlete-focused gymnastics, from foundational physical literacy to high performance international excellence, where athletes build character, develop life skills and challenge limits.
Since 1969, Phoenix has built a diverse range of gymnastics programs for athletes ages 1 to 100 and two facilities, including a training facility with over 15,000 square feet. Whether recreational gymnasts learning the foundations of physical literacy, or high-performance athletes aspiring to be Olympians, VPG provides programs with coaches who have the expertise, heart, and commitment to make the impossible possible.
As the only competitive gymnastics program in Vancouver, and one of the largest in Western Canada, Phoenix is proud to have a long-standing tradition of excellence. Our passion is to foster a love of gymnastics while providing a strong foundation of skills through Gymnastics for All (GFA) programs. This early skill development has led athletes to be invited to join the competitive program where Phoenix athletes have soared at local, provincial, national, and international competitions.
As the Phoenix Gymnastics Technical Director, you will be a key driver of organizational change and growth. You would be described as a community builder, a leader, a change-maker, and an innovator. The Phoenix Gymnastics Technical Director is an expert in the sport, loves their craft, and wants to see access to the sport grow. You are adept at working with coaches, athletes, and administrators to grow our club through all its recreational and competitive programming. As part of this role, you will work as part of a leadership team committed to advancing the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
Perks/Why Join Us?
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Comprehensive medical benefits, including health spending account, through Sun Life Financial
Progressive RRSP matching program through Canada Life Insurance
- Build an annual Technical Plan that aligns with the Club’s Strategic Plan and Values
- Develop annual training schedule for Team & Annual programs, create GFA session schedules with support from GFA Lead coaches
- Development of GFA, Team & Annual handbook
- Communication of program events on the the Gymnastics BC and Club calendar
- Oversight of overall Club safety protocols and equipment maintenance
- Create area of responsibility budget and annual plan for submission to Executive Director & Board
- Provide ongoing reporting regarding technical programs, resources, and key metrics
- Establish program policies that ensure compliance with Gymnastics BC and Gymnastics Canada requirements
- Liase with Gymnastics BC, Gymnastics Canada, and other provincial and national sports organizations
Coach Recruitment & Development:
- Design and administer an overall coach development program with the objective of developing various levels of coaching expertise to support all programs
- Assist HR to identify, recruit, and develop a sufficient number of qualified head and lead coaches to support all teams
- Develop and implement a coach evaluation process that includes: written assessments, interviews and feedback, specific recommendations for further development, and follow-up
- Provide professional development opportunities
- Oversight of the Coach-in-Training (CIT) program
- Coach in programs, as required
- University/college degree in sport management/physical education or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Up-to-date experience and expertise within one major gymnastics discipline
- Experience in hiring, managing, mentoring, and motivating qualified coaches
- Managing technical budgets and associated cost management and reporting
- Ability to align annual operating plan to broader club strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with volunteers
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Team program Administrator, WAG & MAG Head Coaches, Lead program Coaches
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To learn more about Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics, visit us at www.phoenixgymnastics.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
As soon as possible – the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found