Vertical Zone Trampoline Club in Barrie, ON is seeking a Competitive Trampoline Gymnastics Coach. This position could be part time only as Competitive/ Advanced Recreational Trampoline Gymnastics Coach; however, there is opportunity for additional hours if the applicant is willing and able to assume administrative and operational duties.
Vertical Zone Trampoline Club is a trampoline training facility, governed by Gymnastics Ontario policies and staffed with coaches who are trained in accordance with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP). Our competitive team is 25+ members strong and we offer recreational programs for all ages. We also run day camps, and host group bookings and birthday parties. Vertical Zone’s programming decisions are built on the following 4 pillars: Development, Adventure, Safety and Transparency.
COMPETITIVE COACH: A competitive coach coaches competitive, advanced recreational, elite and Free Style Ski and Snowboard classes, with guidance from the Head Coach/ Competitive Program Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing and creating individualized training plans for each athlete as needed;
- Begin and maintain communication with parents/guardians of athletes/future athletes;
- Communicate with other competitive coaches the training plans for the class and or athlete;
- Attend competitions as required (mileage, lodging and meals will be compensated);
- Gym and equipment inspections, maintenance and repairs.
START DATE: Sunday, September 11, 2022 (Negotiable)
LOCATION: Barrie, ON
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred: NCCP Competition 2 (level 3) Trampoline Gymnastics certified
- Minimum NCCP Competition 1 (level 2) Trampoline Gymnastics certified
- Willing to obtain NCCP Competition 2 (level 3) Trampoline Gymnastics – VZ will pay for this additional certification for the successful candidate, if necessary.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (or willing to obtain)
- Current Respect In Sport (can be completed upon hire)
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps (can be completed upon hire)
- Minimum 18 years old
- 2+ years’ experience working with Advanced Recreational and/or Competitive gymnasts
- Proficiency and comfort with spotting using a harness and pitting
- Criminal Record/ Vulnerable Sector Check required
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED AN ASSET
- Experience using Registration software (e.g. Uplifter)
- Previous recreational or competitive program supervising experience
- Air 2 (or willing to obtain)
All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process. Any misleading information may result in disqualification.
Based on your certification and experience, you will receive competitive hourly wages.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vertical Zone Trampoline Club would like to thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with exceptionalities.
Please send a resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position to email@example.com.