Specific Job Duties:
- Plan, prepare and facilitate weekly, monthly and yearly group practice.
- Work cooperatively with Head Coach, Program Coordinators, and program coaches.
- Carry out new gymnastics related program improvements instructed by Program Coordinator.
- Monitor facility equipment for safety, maintenance, and replacement needs.
- Attend and supervise athletes at gymnastics competitions.
- Attend various continuing education meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Assist at host competitions for in-house events and fundraisers.
- Provide timely and accurate communication with parents/guardians of participants.
- Keep office staff informed of any competitive registration changes or special circumstances.
- Accept regular feedback from Compulsory Program Coordinator.
- Learn, demonstrate, and correct compulsory routines required by athlete level.
- Complete bi-annual progress report cards for all athletes within assigned compulsory group.
Coach Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum N.C.C.P. Level 2/Intro to Comp 1
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Risk Management and Respect in Sport online course
- Minimum 1 year in level 3-6 competitive coaching
- Organizational Astuteness, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Reporting Skills, Training, Client Relations, Supports Innovation, Developing Standards, Proven Technique Success.
Position Classification: Competitive Coach
Term: Permanent Part -Time
Hours: 16 – 18 hours per week
Compensation: negotiable based on experience
Reports to: WAG Program Coordinator
Apply with trusted confidentiality to Kim Dunning via email@example.com