The Yellowknife Gymnastics Club is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors and relies on parents, athletes and the community-at-large who support the YKGC through volunteering and fundraising.
We are looking for energetic self-motivated, creative, driven and organized Recreational Coordinator to join our amazing team. If you are team oriented, LOVE working with kids and are committed to providing exceptional quality gymnastics, we encourage you to apply.
We offer competitive wages, benefits (medical/dental) as well as a fun and supportive work environment that allows you to make a difference in our athletes while contributing to our company and advancing your skills. Pay is based on experience and qualifications. All positions report directly to the Yellowknife Gymnastics Programs Director
JOB TYPE: Full Time (40 hours/week) Salary
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS SET:
- Strong class management skills and understanding of physical literacy while engaging children
- Great multi-tasker with experience in coaching circuit-based gymnastics classes
- A minimum of 30 hours coaching. This can include day time, evening and/or weekends hours.
- Admin and organizing the recreational program, schedules, etc. in conjunction with the programs Director
- Understanding how to provide constant constructive feedback, making course adjustments and providing encouragement to help develop gymnasts achieve their personal best.
- Ability to adapt to our level system and input monthly evaluations, create lesson plans as required
- Athletic minded with a healthy lifestyle
- Strong role model and loves to work with kids!
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Experience working with children in previous roles
- NCCP Foundations trained, willing to certify within 6 months.
- NCCP Active Start trained, willing to certify within 9 months.
- NCCP Trampoline Foundations trained, willing to certify within a year.
- First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Respect in Sports
- Criminal Record Check
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org