Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and experienced gymnastics coach interested in working with a group of amazing kids and a supportive team?
The mission of York Stars Rhythmic Gymnastics Club is to develop the mind and body of children by practicing in a healthy and caring environment, which ensures that all can achieve their personal best. We focus on an individual approach in the development of our athletes, as well as, building on an ethical and honest foundation alongside team spirit. We ensure development of the raw skills of each of the participants, while continuing to build a strong, healthy and competitive spirit in each gymnast that trains with us. In the past years, York Stars has brought up many Provincial and National champions and National Team members that have participated in international competitions in France, Egypt, USA, Russia, Spain, Great Britain and many more in both RG and AGG.
We require a coach for the following levels:
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Utilize interpersonal skills to collaborate with other coaches and management personnel
- Ability to think creatively and structure lesson plans for children of all ages, primarily for ages 5 through 10
- Ensure cleanliness is adhered to in the gym, including sanitization of all equipment and touched surfaces after each class
- Maintain accurate attendance records and COVID screening for every athlete prior to running a class
- Experience with choreography
- Knowledge of proper body alignment, as well as, the importance of warm up, stretching and conditioning
- Monitor and report athletes progress, noting any necessary level changes
- Be punctual and committed for your shifts and always ‘ON’ when you are coaching
Our requirements include:
- NCCP Level 1 Rhythmic Gymnastics (for recreational) or in the process of acquiring
- NCCP Level 2 Rhythmic Gymnastics (for competitive) or in the process of acquiring
- First Aid / CPR or willing to certify
- Vulnerable Sector Check required
- Minimum 1-3 years of coaching experience, preferably at the given level you’re applying for
- Ability to work up to 28 hours a week
- Please note, we are willing to train applicants in rhythmic specific skills, given you possess certifications and experience in an NCCP related discipline (e.g., artistic or acro).
Why Join Us?
- You will receive an opportunity to be a part of a welcoming and passionate team
- We believe in personal growth and development for all of our staff and athletes
- We understand life / work balance and will work with you to accommodate a fitting schedule
- Competitive salary for the right candidate
If you feel you would be a good fit for the RGC family, please send your resume to email@example.com.
If you require more information, please call or email Julia Assadoullaev.